The Process of Replacing Your Car Keys
Replacing a car key can be one of the most frustrating experiences that you can go through. Knowing that you need a car key replacement can put you on edge because of the process. However, no matter what kind of car you have, every car needs at least one working key and a spare. Therefore, you need to know the process for replacing your car keys. Contact us to replace you car keys.
When Should You Consider a Car Key Replacement?
Lost key – if you lose one of the two keys you have for your car, then you are going to want to replace the one you lost. Though you have a spare key and replacement isn’t immediate, you should still have a second key, and get it replaced as soon as possible
Broken key – when your key is broken, warped, worn down, bent, or otherwise compromised it is time to get a new key.
How Do You Get a Car Key Replacement?
There are three primary steps to getting your car key replaced.
- Get your VIN (vehicle identification number) from your car dashboard or registration form so that you have the exact make and model of your car including the year. This matters when you have to get a key replaced.
- Do your research to find a local locksmith that knows about car key replacement. It may be surprising to find that not all locksmiths have this expertise.
- Have your chosen local locksmith create a replacement key for you. If you have a complex key, your first instinct may be to go to the dealership. However, most locksmiths are capable of handling car key replacement. A good locksmith can help you save money and time compared to the dealership.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions or need any advice in regard to car key replacement, get in touch with us. We are here to answer any of your questions and help any way we can.
- Can an Emergency Locksmith Make a Key from an Existing Lock?
- Ask Your Commercial Locksmith: Am I Using the Right Locks for my Business?
- A Residential Locksmith’s Tips for Preventing Break-Ins Before They Happen
- Why You Should Have an Emergency Locksmith on Call
- Under What Circumstances Should I Consider Calling a Locksmith to Change my House Locks?
- How a Commercial Locksmith Can Help You Choose the Right Safe
- When Should You Call an Emergency Locksmith?
- How Often Should Your Commercial Locksmith Change Your Office Locks?
- Rekeying vs. Replacing Locks with a Residential Locksmith
- What to Do After Experiencing a Break-in