Should You Change Your Locks After Losing Your Keys? How a Residential Locksmith Can Help
We've all lost our keys at least once in our lives. Not only is it an incredibly inconvenient thing to do, but it also can cause panic and anxiety. You worry that your keys will end up in the wrong hands and your home will become vulnerable to break-ins or robberies. So, should you change your locks after losing your keys? Let's take a closer look at how a residential locksmith can help in this type of situation.
Changing Your Locks
The simple answer to whether you should change your locks after losing your keys is yes. Changing your locks is always recommended when the original keys are lost. Although it is highly unlikely that an intruder would find your keys and then locate your house, you always want to proceed with caution when your family's safety is at stake. A residential locksmith will be able to change all your existing locks and recommend any updates if necessary.
Rekeying vs. Changing Locks
If you don't want the expense of changing all the locks in your home, ask your residential locksmith if rekeying your locks is a possibility instead of changing them out entirely. Rekeying is generally less expensive than a full lock change.
If losing your keys is something you've done more than once, you may want to consider upgrading to a keyless entry system like smart locks. Your residential locksmith will be able to assess your home and upgrade your locks and security system to a keyless entry if possible. Then you can open your door with an app on your phone, or a touch of a button and never have to worry about losing your keys again.
When you call a residential locksmith to assist you if your keys are lost, they'll be able to inspect your locks to see if any repairs or replacements are needed. All locks experience wear and tear over time, especially if neglected, and there may be issues with your locks that you aren't aware of but could cause issues in the future. A residential locksmith will also be able to make any recommendations for updates to your locks that may increase your home security. If you have any questions about your home's locks or need to replace them due to lost keys, contact All-Lock Rescue Ltd. today to speak with a trained residential locksmith.
- Under What Circumstances Should I Consider Calling a Locksmith to Change my House Locks?
- How a Commercial Locksmith Can Help You Choose the Right Safe
- When Should You Call an Emergency Locksmith?
- How Often Should Your Commercial Locksmith Change Your Office Locks?
- Rekeying vs. Replacing Locks with a Residential Locksmith
- What to Do After Experiencing a Break-in
- Signs You Need to Replace the Locks on Your Home
- The Process of Replacing Your Car Keys
- When Your Stuck in the Cold an Emergency Locksmith is Here to Help
- What Can You Do When Your Locks Freeze in the Frozen Temperatures?