Going Away for Holidays? Three Tips From a Residential Locksmith to Prevent Summer Break-ins.
Summer is here, which means school's out and it's time to step away from your busy life and take a vacation. If you're going away, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your home is safe and secure from intruders. Here are three easy tips to ensure your home's safety and prevent summer break-ins.
1. Check Your Door and Window Locks
We all lock our doors when we leave the house, even if it's just for a short trip to the store. But when you're leaving your home unattended for an extended period of time, there are some extra things to consider.
- Worn Out Locks- Even the highest quality locks can become worn from weather and time. An outdated lock is not enough to protect your home from intruders. A residential locksmith can assess the state of your locks and decide whether they need to be repaired or replaced.
- Outdated Locks- Technology is evolving every day and new locks have been developed in the last few years that are safer and more effective to secure your home. A trained residential locksmith can discuss different options and help pick the best locks for your home.
2. Install Deadbolts
Having an extra layer of protection on your doors and entryways can help give you peace of mind while you're away on vacation. Studies say up to 35% of burglaries happen by thieves entering through the front door. There are several different options available for residential deadbolts and a trained locksmith can help you decide which one is best for your home. Installation should always be done by a professional since proper installation is the key to having any lock work properly.
3. Have a Trusted Neighbor Look After Your Home
While you shouldn't advertise on social media that you're going out of town, you should tell a trusted neighbor so that they can keep an eye on your home while you're away. You could also give them an extra key to turn on certain lights at appropriate times to give the appearance that someone is home. A residential locksmith can make extra copies of your house keys quickly and easily when needed.
Taking these easy precautions can prevent summer break-ins while you're on vacation so you can just enjoy your time with your family. Be sure to call All-Lock Rescue for all your residential locksmith needs!
- Upgrade Your Home Security with a Residential Locksmith
- How to Get Car Key Replacement When You’ve Lost Your Keys
- 3 Reasons You Should Know an Emergency Locksmith This Winter
- New Year, New Locks – Is It Time For a Change
- Is the Cold Weather Giving You Grief? It Might Be Time to Call a Residential Locksmith
- What to Do When Winter Locks You Out: How a Commercial Locksmith Can Help You Avoid Frozen Locks
- Should You Change Your Locks After Losing Your Keys? How a Residential Locksmith Can Help
- What You Should and Should Not Keep in Your Home Safe
- 3 Reasons Why Your Business Should Know a Good Commercial Locksmith
- Improve Your Home’s Security with the Help of a Residential Locksmith