3 Reasons You Should Know an Emergency Locksmith This Winter
Cold weather can cause some major inconveniences, especially with the locks on your home. Before the frigid temperatures of winter hit, it's best to have an emergency locksmith on hand to keep your home safe and secure. Here are three reasons you should know an emergency locksmith this winter.
1. Frozen Locks
Snow, rain, and weather changes can cause moisture to build it inside the nooks and crannies in the locks on your home. When the temperature drops that moisture freezes, stopping your locks from turning when the key is inserted, or even preventing the key from entering all together. Sometimes this is easily remedied by applying gentle heat from either a lighter, a blow dryer, or warm water to the frozen lock. But if not done properly, trying to defrost the lock yourself may cause further damage. An emergency locksmith will be able to unfreeze your locks, repair any damage or replace the lock entirely if needed. An emergency locksmith may also recommend updates to your home security so that frozen locks are less likely to occur, or so you'll have other ways to safely enter your home, like with the help of a keyless entry system.
2. Holiday Security
During the winter, many families leave town for the holidays. Home break-ins occur more frequently during the holiday season for this reason. Getting back from a family vacation to find your home has been broken into can be extremely overwhelming. An emergency locksmith will be able to quickly repair any damage, replace your locks immediately and recommend updates to your home security so you will never have to deal with such a frustrating violation again. Deadbolts, camera locks, or keyless entries may be upgrades that your locksmith suggests to increase the security of your home.
3. Old Locks
The cold is rough on all locks, but old outdated locks can take a beating in the winter. If you've noticed that you have to jiggle your keys in your locks or try more than once to turn the key in the door, the chances are that your locks are failing. Ignoring problems with your locks can result in emergency situations like lockouts or break-ins. An emergency locksmith will be able to bail you out in a jam caused by an old or outdated lock, but why not update those locks before the winter hits.
For these three reasons and countless others, be sure to have an emergency locksmith on hand to call this winter. Get in touch with an emergency locksmith today before you find yourself in a cold situation.
- Your Business Needs to Be Secured! The Top Reasons to Consult a Commercial Locksmith
- Need Some More Security in Your Life? Here’s What a Residential Locksmith Can Do for You
- Locked Out of Your Car, Home, or Business? Here’s How an Emergency Locksmith Can Help
- Upgrade Your Home Security with a Residential Locksmith
- How to Get Car Key Replacement When You’ve Lost Your Keys
- 3 Reasons You Should Know an Emergency Locksmith This Winter
- New Year, New Locks – Is It Time For a Change
- Is the Cold Weather Giving You Grief? It Might Be Time to Call a Residential Locksmith
- What to Do When Winter Locks You Out: How a Commercial Locksmith Can Help You Avoid Frozen Locks
- Should You Change Your Locks After Losing Your Keys? How a Residential Locksmith Can Help